August 18, 2008

Jarek's first day of 2nd grade

Jarek was so excited to start 2nd grade. We went to Back to School Night the other day, where he got to meet his teacher Mrs. Harris. He left there so excited. He said that "she was the nicest teacher he has ever had in his whole entire life!" He had only about 10 minutes to make this determination, but I guess he isn't one that needs much time. He's excited because he is out in the satellite building (I would have been bugged by this), but he loves that he can be one of the first kids on the playground for recess. He called the classroom "refreshing", such a Jarek word.

Okay, so we should have had a dress rehearsal before the first day of school. I bought him a bunch of shirts a little big, so that he wouldn't have belly shirts by the end of the year. Well, I should have shrunk them a little first. I had the perfect outfit picked out, but the shirt was too big so we had to go with his pick.. which is how it should have been anyway I guess. I didn't have him ride the bus so that I could help him go and help him find his line out front of the school.

Here he is outside before we left for school.

With his little brother who will be joining him next week.
Standing near the Sego Lily at his school.

In his line, which he had to help me find :)
I love this one!
Getting off the bus. His smile tells me he had a good day :)

1 comment:

Shel and Aaron said...

I love it! It looks like a great first day at school!